25 Hecker Ave Darien, CT 06820


How Do I Find A List of Town Ordinances?


How do I obtain a copy of a police report?

If you need a copy of a police report just stop at the station Monday thru Friday, 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM, except on legal holidays. If this is inconvenient, please call the Records Division at (203) 662-5320, advising them that you need a copy of a police report, but can't pick it up during the day. A copy of the report will be left at the desk. You can then stop in any time you want and pick it up.

Can I pay my Traffic Ticket at the police station?

No you cannot. You may mail in your fine, using the address on the rear of the traffic ticket. Certain tickets (Misdemeanor Summons) REQUIRE you to appear in court. If you are not sure, just call the courts clerks office at (203) 965-5200 and they will advise you. Parking tickets can be mailed in, paid online, or paid at the Police Station during the Records Division hours.

What do I need to do in order to get fingerprinted?

The Darien Police Department provides fingerprinting services only for residents of Darien. This service is provided on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 10AM until 11AM, and Saturdays from 10AM until 12PM. Fingerprint cards should be obtained from your employer. We are unable to schedule appointments, so please call (203) 662-5330 just prior to coming in for printing. There is a $15 charge for this service. The only payment method accepted is a personal check made payable to the "Darien Police Department" (cash will not be accepted).

Where can I get a pistol permit application?

A Pistol Permit Application for the Town of Darien can be obtained from the Records Department during normal business hours.

Letter Of Good Conduct

The Chief's Office will perform local record checks for residents of the Town of Darien. There is no fee for this service which is usually required when filing for adoptions, hunting abroad, studying abroad, etc. These checks will only be for the Town of Darien. To obtain a Letter of Good Conduct please contact the Chief's Secretary, Jan Lesko, at 203-662-5311. For a check of State of Connecticut records you must contact the Connecticut State Police.

As a local business person, what should I know when accepting personal checks from customers?

To assist in lessening the instance of worthless checks and aid in the prosecution or restitution in "Bad Check" cases, the following procedures should be followed when accepting personal checks from customers.

  • Ask for proper identification. A Connecticut drivers license is the best means of identification. Copy the nine-digit drivers license number onto the front of the check. Compare the photograph on the license with the customers. If the customer is personally known to you, be prepared to give a written statement identifying the person who issued the check.
  • Do not accept post-dated checks. The check should be dated the same day that it is being issued.
  • Checks should be for the full amount of purchase. The check should represent full payment in exchange for something of value, such as goods, money, etc.
  • Do not accept "third party checks." The person getting the item of value should be the person who writes and presents the check to you.
  • Make sure the check is completely filled out.