TRAFFIC & PARKING ADVISORY - DARIEN HIGH SCHOOL & MIDDLESEX MIDDLE SCHOOL GRADUATIONS
MIDDLESEX MIDDLE SCHOOL GRADUATION will take place at the Darien High School on Thursday June 16, 2022
DARIEN HIGH SCHOOL GRADUATION will take place at the Darien High School on Friday June 17, 2022
The Darien Police Department advises that the following traffic regulations are being put into effect for the area surrounding Darien High School on Thursday June 16th, starting at 4:00 pm, and on Friday June 17th starting at 4:00 pm.
· As in previous years, all traffic will enter the High School grounds via Noroton Ave. Vehicular traffic will not be permitted to enter the area via High School Lane or Nutmeg Lane. Officers will be present to direct all vehicles to appropriate and designated parking areas.
· All vehicles will be properly parked so as to facilitate and expedite the safe flow of vehicles at the conclusion of the graduation ceremonies.
· If needed, vehicles will be parked on both sides of Nutmeg Lane and High School Lane facing away from Darien High School.
· Motorists are asked to pay particular attention to posted “No Parking” areas. Previous experiences have resulted in illegally parked vehicles blocking driveways or restricting access to emergency vehicles. Improperly parked vehicles causing restrictions of this type will be towed.
· Handicap-accessible parking will be located in the lower parking lot near the stadium field. Let a traffic officer know if you need to park there and you will be directed accordingly.