10/18/2022 - Now Hiring Entry Level Officers:
DARIEN ENTRY LEVEL POLICE OFFICER
The Darien Police Department is currently accepting applications for the position of full-time entry level Police Officers. CT and out-of-state candidates are welcome. Candidates must have earned a minimum of sixty credits from an accredited college or university, OR a minimum of two years full active military duty plus 30 college credits from an accredited college or university, and are required to attach a copy of their diploma or academic transcript(s) to their application at time of submission. Applicants must be 21 years of age and a U.S. citizen at the time the application is submitted. A valid CHIP card and a minimum passing score of 70% on the CPCA Entry Level Written Exam are required prior to applying. In addition, potential candidates will be required to complete and successfully pass a staff interview, Police Commission interview, polygraph examination, psychological evaluation, medical examination, drug screen and a thorough background investigation. A competitive wage and benefits package will be offered in accordance with the current labor contract. Closing date for applications is December 4th, 2022 at midnight. Any questions should be directed to Training Lieutenant Andrew Mastroianni at firstname.lastname@example.org or 203-662-5342. Veterans, women and minority candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. The Darien Police Department is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
- Salary Range $72,769--$98,941
- Extra Duty Rate of $71.35/hour
- 20 year defined benefit pension, no minimum age
- Medical, Dental, and Life Insurance
- Up to 25 Days Paid Vacation per year
- 12 Paid Holidays
- Evening and Night Shift Differential
- College Tuition Reimbursement
- Uniform & Equipment Purchase Allowance
- Uniform Cleaning Allowance
- Regional Emergency Response Team
- School Resource Officers
- Traffic Unit
- Accident Investigation Team
- Scuba Team
- Marine Division
- Field Training Officer
- Detective Bureau
- Domestic Violence Liaison
- Community Service
- Public Information
- Any Felony Convictions
- Any Conviction of a Class A or Class B Misdemeanor (under CT Law or in any other jurisdiction that if committed in this state, would constitute a Class A or B misdemeanor.)
- Conviction of any act which would constitute perjury or false statement
- Conviction for any domestic violence related misdemeanor crime.
- Applicant must not have been dismissed from any law enforcement unit for malfeasance or other serious misconduct.
- Applicant must not have resigned or retired from any law enforcement position while under investigation for any malfeasance or misconduct.
Please direct questions regarding this position to email@example.com
Jobs close at 11:59 PM (Eastern) on the deadline date specified, or when the position capacity has been met, or unless otherwise specified in the announcement. If the deadline date is not specified in the announcement, the agency has sole discretion on setting the deadline and jobs may close without notice. It is the applicant's responsibility to thoroughly read and understand the deadline requirements and capacity limits as outlined by the agency.
Applicants are responsible for checking their email and logging into their PoliceApp, PublicSafetyApp, FireFighterApp or EmployementApp account to monitor for emails, scheduling and process updates.