Frequently Asked Questions

How do I hire an officer?

To hire a Police Officer for a private event or traffic duty at a construction site, please call (203) 662-5317.

How do I request traffic enforcement in my neighborhood?

Please contact the Traffic Division at (203) 662-5371.

How do I obtain fingerprints?

The Darien Police Department provides fingerprinting services only for Darien residents. This service is provided on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 10:00 A.M. to 11:00 A.M., Thursdays from 4:30 P.M. to 5:30 P.M., and Saturdays from 10:00 A.M. to 12:00 P.M. Fingerprint cards should be obtained from your employer.

We do not schedule appointments and this service is dependent upon officer availability. Please call (203) 662-5330 just prior to coming to Headquarters. The fee is $15.00 per card and only personal checks are accepted as payment, made payable to the "Darien Police Department." Cash is not accepted.

How do I obtain a CT Pistol Permit Application?

Applicants for a CT State Pistol Permit must first apply for, and be granted, a local Pistol Permit. Pistol Permit Applications for the Town of Darien may be obtained at the Front Desk, the Records Division (M-F, 7:00 A.M. to 4:30 P.M., except on legal holidays) or through the State of Connecticut. Applications are only issued to Darien residents. Out of state residents may apply for a non-resident Connecticut State Pistol Permit. Non-residents apply directly to the Connecticut State Police, Special Licensing and Firearms Unit

How do I register my burglar alarm or find out about the Alarm Ordinance?

Please visit our False Alarm Reduction page.

How do I appeal a false burglar alarm?

Alarm appeals will only be accepted in writing. The form can be accessed here.

How do I obtain a copy of a police report?

Police reports are available at the Records Division, M-F, 7:00 A.M. to 4:30 P.M., except on legal holidays. If this is inconvenient, please contact the Records Division at (203) 662-5320 to make other arrangements.

How do I obtain a letter of good conduct?

Please contact the Chief's Administrative Assistant, Jan Lesko, at (203) 662-5311. The Chief's Office will also perform local record checks for Darien residents. There is no fee for this service. These checks are only for Darien residents.

How do I obtain a solicitor’s permit?

Solicitor’s permits are available at the Records Division, M-F, 7:00 A.M. to 4:30 P.M., except on legal holidays. For more information, please contact the Records Division at (203) 662-5320.

How do I report a crime or incident?

All complaints and reports of crimes must be made in person at Headquarters. Please call 911 if an emergency exists or (203) 662-5300 for general complaints.

How do I make a complaint against an officer?

If you wish to make a complaint alleging misconduct by a Darien Police Officer, please click here. To complete a Spanish version of this form, please click here. To read the Connecticut Public Act establishing a statewide complainant standard, please click here. To read the Department's General Order regarding complaints, click here.

How can I formally commend an officer?

If you wish to commend a Darien Police Officer, please click here.

How do I pay a traffic ticket/infraction?

You may pay your infraction or plead not guilty by mail. Any questions regarding an infraction should be directed to the State of Connecticut’s Centralized Infractions Bureau (CIB).  

For more information, please contact the CIB Customer Service Unit at (860) 263-2750 (M-F, 9:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M.)

How do I search the Darien town ordinances?

Please visit Code of Ordinances, Town Of Darien

How do I pay a parking ticket?

Parking tickets can be mailed to the Town of Darien, 2 Renshaw Road, Darien, CT 06820, paid or appealed online, or paid at Darien Town Hall (2 Renshaw Road).

How can I become a Darien Police Officer?

Please check our Employment Opportunities page. The Town of Darien is an Equal Opportunity Employer.